Commercial Metal Roofing Benefits
Professional Commercial Metal Roof Replacement
Metal is an excellent choice whenever you are selecting from the many different options that are available for putting a new roof on top of a commercial building. Metal roofing has a long lifespan, is easy to maintain, fairly inexpensive to install and has excellent architectural capabilities and curb appeal.
The following are the 5 major benefits that a metal roof can provide to your property:
1. Low maintenance – Other kinds of roofs have maintenance requirements that take up a high percentage of your budget every few years – things such as having to replace shingles on a pitched roof or needing to re-seal a flat roof. When a metal roof is installed on your commercial building, it will be able to last for 30 years or longer and only need routine maintenance done.
2. Many Architectural Options Available – Corrugated metal can be selected for its simplicity. However, there are a number of other options that are available, with some of them looking like shingles or tiles if that is what you prefer. Whether you have a commercial office building, restaurant, retail store, or industrial building, there is a metal roof option that will look and work great. There is an endless number of different color options that are also available.
3. Withstands Elements Well – If the area that you are located in has stormy or snowy weather, then you will be happy to hear that a metal roof works very well in being able to withstand those elements and conditions.
4. Withstands Heat and Fire Well – If fire resistance is something that is important for your specific commercial situation, then a metal roof will also work well for you, since fire resistance is among the best features offered by this type of roof. Examples would be foundries, restaurants, and other types of businesses that work with fires and heat every day, which means fire resistance is one of the most desired qualities that they need in their roofing systems. That will help to reduce their property insurance premiums and help to improve their safety plan.
5. Energy Savings – They are highly energy efficient. A metal roof with the proper insulation and a good reflective coating will reduce the utility bills of a building by up to 40% compared to a title or shingle roof. During the winter, the building will be insulated from cold, better or at least as well as a shingle roof is.
Commercial Metal Roofing Contractors You Can Depend On
Not having to re-shingle or reseal as often are some of the low maintenance advantages offered by a metal roof. During the winter you will not have to shovel snow off of the roof or worry about any ice damming up, the way you do when you have a flat roof. That is probably the main reason why metal roofing systems have become so popular in cold climates.
One major misconception that many people have about metal roofs is that they are loud when it is raining heavily. However, the layer of insulation that is applied under the metal panels minimize the sound of the rain the resonates inside of the building.
Due to the huge panels, there aren’t many areas on the roo where moisture is able to penetrate when compared with tile roofing or asphalt shingle roofing. Snow and water will shed off of the roof without ponding or damming the drainage system up due to its solid metal sheeting.
When everything is added up, it is clear that a metal roofing system is a great choice for almost any type of commercial building. There are many different styles to choose from, they last for decades, little maintenance is required, and its outstanding architectural capabilities means that a commercial metal roof that is properly installed is an excellent solution for any property manager or building owner.
Taurus Elite Commercial Roof Systems, LLC is a commercial roofing contractor based in Austin, Texas, and specializing in Commercial Metal Roof Restoration and Commercial Metal Roof Repair Services. When you need more information about the choices you have available for commercial metal roofing, call us.